[Iccrg] Proposal for ICCRG operations

Steven Low slow at caltech.edu
Thu Feb 2 23:38:40 GMT 2006

Hi Keshav

Your proposed steps make a lot of sense.  It seems a little too
aggressive - great if we can make it.  In particular, Phases 2
and 3 on developing a solutions will likely take more time if
the goal is not just to sort out what proposals are available
today and understand their tradeoffs, but to come up with something
that is significantly better than the various proposals available
today (each of which has limitations in some scenarios).

I think a TCP benchmarking suite will be a very helpful tool to
guide us in this process.  It will be useful especially in your
Phase 3 to evaluate various proposals, but just thinking through
the design and implementation of a good benchmark lends clarity
to issues of Internet congestion control and metrics to optimize
against.

Aaron Falk is chairing a panel at a conference to discuss this
very issue.  Hopefully, we wll hear from the participants soon
on their thoughts.

Steven