[Iccrg] consensus call: bringing new congestion control to the IETF

Lars Eggert lars.eggert at nokia.com
Fri Apr 6 09:02:08 BST 2007

Hi,

On 2007-3-12, at 10:06, ext Lars Eggert wrote:
> the attentive reader of IETF agendas will have picked up on the
> following presentation during the TSVAREA meeting:
>
> 20 min	Bringing Experimental High-Speed Congestion Control to the IETF
> 	Lars Eggert

after the presentation at TSVAREA, there was strong consensus in the
room for the presented process to bring new congestion control to the
IETF. I'd like to confirm that the community as a whole has consensus
on this.

Please take a look at the following draft ION, which describes the
process from the presentation: http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/
drafts/ion-tsv-alt-cc.txt

The consensus call will run until April 18, 2007. Please review the
draft ION and send comments by the deadline.

Assuming the consensus from Prague is confirmed, I will ask the IESG
to approve the ION after April 18.

Lars

PS: Please discuss on tsv-area at ietf.org. Reply-to set accordingly.