[Iccrg] LT-TCP followup

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:37:48 BST 2007

Greetings Dirceu,

On 09/08/07, Dirceu Cavendish <dirceu_cavendish at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I sense we are in violent agreement in various points

*grin*  Yep, I think so.

> Our experience with
> Reno shows a "medium" bottleneck queue utilization (filling level). There
> are less agressive protocols (our :-), CCP), and more aggressive ones
> (Fast).

Certainly there are more aggressive protocols than Reno.  Regarding
FAST, it depends a lot on the setting of its parameter "alpha" and the
number of flows actually bottlenecked at one router.  There are
variants of FAST which scale much better with the number of flows than
the NS2 version does.

Cheers,
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew  Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA