[Iccrg] Slides: Flow rate fairness: Dismantling a religion

Bob Briscoe rbriscoe at jungle.bt.co.uk
Mon Feb 12 18:14:24 GMT 2007

Michael,

Here's the slides for the slot at the ICCRG tomorrow Tuesday:
>11:30 - 12:15 PST  Bob Briscoe: Flow Rate Fairness: Dismantling a Religion
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/present.html#0702rateFairDis>

PS. The first of the spare slides is about a usable definition of congestion.
p(t) = excess_load(t) / offered_load(t)

PPS. If you follow the "paper & Internet Draft" link there:
<http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/B.Briscoe/pubs.html#rateFairDis>

you get a link to the I-D on which this is based
<draft-briscoe-tsvarea-fair-00.pdf> and a paper of the same title (to
appear) that I've just posted. It adds critiques of the fairness in the
main popular cc schemes (TCP, TFRC, XCP).

Bob