[Iccrg] feedback on draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics?

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 03:03:28 GMT 2007

Greetings,

On 22/02/07, Eric Coe <ecoe at aero.org> wrote:
> o Page 15 Section 3.5  Title and concept of "failures"
>      I'm not sure that "failures" makes sense here. This whole section
> really deals with "Misbehaving Users". Looking at the examples given:
>
>     o "Failures of the routers in using explicit feedback to end-nodes
>        or failures of end-nodes to follow the prescribed protocols."

I agree that "failure" suggests hardware failure, but I think it is referring
to buggy implementations, rather than either non-capable implementations
or deliberately trying to circumvent the mechanisms.  Perhaps it could be

"Incorrect behavior of the routers in using explicit feedback to end-nodes
or end-nodes not exactly following the prescribed protocols."

$0.02
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew  Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA