[Iccrg] benchmarking new tcp congestion control algorithms

Yong Xia xy12180 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 05:32:48 GMT 2007

Hi Wesley,

Just saw you post. And I thought you might be interested in a project we are
working on with our collabrators. It is an ns2 TCP simulation tool suite.
This suite includes a number of typical network topologies, with settable
link capacities and traffic matrix. After a simulatioin completes, it
automatically generates a set of performance metrics (part of Dr. Sally
Floyd's TMRG draft) and graphs, and, with minimal manual effort, can put all
the statistics into an HTML page or a paper. We have used this tool suite
to evaluate ten protocols with over 10,000 simulations.

We will publish an IETF draft to describe our work and the code shortly.

Best,
Yong Xia
NEC Labs China