[Iccrg] Re: [Tsvwg] Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-tsvwg-cc-alt (Specifying New Congestion Control Algorithms) to BCP

Mark Allman mallman at icir.org
Wed May 30 13:25:58 BST 2007

>      For other guidelines, i.e., (2), (5), (6), and (7), the author
>      must perform the suggested evaluations and provide recommended
>      analysis.  Evidence that
>      the proposed mechanism has significantly more problems than those of
>      TCP should be a cause for concern in approval for widespread
>      deployment in the global Internet.

Looks OK to me.  I have incorporated it, modulo comments from Sally.

As for the non-BE stuff: This document is a no-op.  But, why is that an
issue?  The IETF would have to grapple with the non-BE case just as it
does today (i.e., without a set of guidelines).  This one document does
not need to solve all the world's problems.  If you want to write a
document about how the IETF should handle non-BE congestion control
proposals, I think that'd be fine.  And, again, I am not hearing outcry
on this point so I think the document is fine (even if the consensus on
this one point is not completely 'smooth').

Thanks,
allman