[Iccrg] Heresy recapped

Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-RCN0)[VZ] wesley.m.eddy at nasa.gov
Wed Apr 16 21:19:58 BST 2008

I will just point out that fairness is not a goal of VJ CC; avoiding
packet loss is.

The inputs to VJ CC are "some bytes were not lost" (an ACK) and "some
bytes were probably lost" (an RTO or 3-dupack).  They are not "someone
is sending faster than me" or "I'm sending faster than someone else",
or any other metric or inference useful for acheiving any form of
fairness, because that is not its goal.