[Iccrg] "Slow Start" design team

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:04:48 GMT 2008

Greetings Michael and Lars,

An advantage of separate mailing lists is that it allows people set up
filters for the mail clients.  That could also be done by asking
people to put a keyword in their email subjects (like slowstartDT).

FWIW, I'm unlikely to subscribe to the DT mailing lists, but wouldn't
mind extra traffic on  iccrg at ...

Cheers,
Lachlan

On 25/03/2008, Michael Welzl <michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 16:05 +0200, Lars Eggert wrote:
>  > On 2008-3-25, at 15:54, ext Michael Welzl wrote:
>  > > The first concrete proposal on the table is (somewhat
>  > > unsurprisingly  :)  ) a design team on Slow Start,
>  > > led by Dirceu himself (which I, not he, suggested).
>  > > I think it's a nice start and definitely worth trying.
>  >
>  > Sounds good.
>  >
>  > > To join the list, send an email to:
>  > > iccrg-slowstart-ctl at ndrc.kyutech.ac.jp
>  > > with "subscribe YOUR NAME" as the body of the message.
>  >
>  > But why does the DT need its own list? It's not like the ICCRG list is
>  > flooded with traffic, and having the discussions in the open seems
>  > useful.
>

> ah, that was just an idea ... after all there should be
>  multiple design teams with multiple lists one day
>
>  we could have it all in the open if people want that,
>  but it just seems to make things a little more organized
>  to me ... dunno, doesn't really matter i suppose
>
>  cheers
>
> michael

Lachlan Andrew  Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA
Ph: +1 (626) 395-8820    Fax: +1 (626) 568-3603
http://netlab.caltech.edu/lachlan