[Iccrg] RG status update

Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[Verizon] wesley.m.eddy at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 20 18:47:07 BST 2009

This is similar to material that Michael and I usually present at ICCRG
meetings, but since some people can't make it to them, and since we hope
to make progress not only at meetings, but in between too ... here's the
first of what we plan to submit to the list as periodic snapshots of the
group's progress and activities:

Document on Congestion Control in the RFC Series
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-irtf-iccrg-cc-rfcs-07.txt
Actions: None; awaiting resolution of IRTF document stream process?

Document on Open Research Issues in Internet Congestion Control
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-iccrg-welzl-congestion-control-open-research-04
Actions:  Chairs will re-confirm with authors that this is "done" and submit to IRSG
          for publication week of 8/17/09

Document on Capacity Sharing Architecture
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/CapacitySharingArch
Actions: Editor team to update and sumbit draft-mathis-iccrg-unfriendly
         as something like draft-irtf-iccrg-capacity-sharing-arch

Proposed Experimental TCP Congestion Control Modifications
Compound TCP
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-sridharan-tcpm-ctcp-02.txt
Actions: None

CUBIC
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rhee-tcpm-cubic-02.txt
Actions: waiting for the authors to update the draft
         need RG to writeup a short description of the findings for TCPM

HTCP
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-leith-tcp-htcp-06.txt
Actions: waiting for the authors to update the draft
         need RG to writeup a short description of the findings for TCPM

Wes Eddy
Network & Systems Architect
Verizon FNS / NASA GRC
Office: (216) 433-6682