[Iccrg] Support requested: Start of WGLC for Tunnelling of ECN (draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecn-tunnel)

Bob Briscoe rbriscoe at jungle.bt.co.uk
Sun Mar 21 18:57:02 GMT 2010

ICCRG folks,

Note the ecn-tunnel draft is now in w-g last call. Having a single
consistent treatment of the ECN field through tunnels is important
for using ECN in future.

The TSVWG Chairs are looking for messages of support (or not) on the
tsvwg at ietf.org list.

Tunnel behaviour has diverged in its treatment of the ECN field.
* At ingress, IPsec tunnels copy ECN, but some non-IPsec tunnels do a
partial copy. This draft proposes to harmonise all tunnelling so the
ECN field is copied, as IPsec does.
* At egress, this draft also ensures tunnels can support one or two
severity levels of congestion notification. This adds support for PCN
and would ease deployment of e2e approaches like VCP (Stoica's "One
more bit is enough") in future.

Preferably post your messages to tsvwg before Monday's TSVWG session,
altho you have until 12 Apr.

See below, which includes a link to the draft for the whole story.

Cheers

Bob