[Iccrg] Re: [Tmrg] Testbed Study on IW10 vs IW3

Jerry Chu hkchu at google.com
Mon Nov 15 06:53:01 GMT 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Stefan Hirschmann <krasnoj at gmx.at> wrote:
> Jerry Chu wrote:
>>
>> I believe TCPM is a superset of the two lists above. If not, please find
>> my
>> presentation at the TCPM meeting at
>>
>> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/79/slides/tcpm-0.pdf
>>
>> Our testbed data can be found at
>> http://research.csc.ncsu.edu/netsrv/?q=content/iw10
>
> Thanks for your data. I missed information about the maximum queue size in
> this presentations. Can you add this informations. I believe the maximum

See the fourth bullet on slide7. (Did you bother to read the slides at all?)

> buffer size is for Slow-Start simulations really important.

Sure. We've tried smaller buffer size. See slides from the previous IETF for
the case of 20Mbps. For 64Kbps the numbers turned sour quickly when max
qlen goes below 40 packets. We can rerun some numbers if you think it's
worthwhile (and you do have the time to read the results). We found out when
max qlen was too small not only the numbers were horrible for both IW3 and
IW10 but also extremely unstable.

Jerry