[Iccrg] RE: TFRC-SP and maximum packet rate

Ingemar Johansson S ingemar.s.johansson at ericsson.com
Tue Sep 21 12:38:00 BST 2010

Hi

And very sorry for the delay.
Thanks for the link to the report, it should give some answers.

An issue with modern video codecs is that they produce frames with larger differences in frame size. For instance I-frames may be so big that they need to be split up in several packets (for PMTU reasons) while B- and P-frames are considerably smaller. The effect of this is that even though the framerate of the video is 30Hz, the packet rate may be considerably higher when I-frames are transmitted.
But I guess the only way to determine how TFRC-SP works in these cases is to try it out.

Regards
/Ingemar