[Iccrg] RTTM + timestamps

Scheffenegger, Richard rs at netapp.com
Mon Jan 10 18:24:47 GMT 2011

Hi group,

in order not to spam the whole group, I would like to learn who is
interested in the heuristics and signaling around round-trip
measurement, timestamps and possible synergies between TS and other
option, as well as some empirical measurements around currently deployed
tcp stacks that diverge from the IETF specs in these aspects.

In the light of some recent developments (ie. LEDBAT, path-chirp/chirp
CC), and more efficient (end-of-flow / non-congestion) loss recovery,
improvements in that space may be of interest to a larger group of
implementers too...

With your feedback, I would like to learn the extent of possible
interest, before going further with my work in that area!

Best regards,

	Richard Scheffenegger