[Iccrg] An aggression metric?

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Jul 14 20:27:53 BST 2011

On Jul 14, 2011, at 7:05 PM, Lisong Xu wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> This is an interesting idea. But it may be hard to get a single
> number N, since this number may be different for different packet
> loss rates and base RTTs.

Well, it could be a simple from-to range. But of course, we could find
that, then, all mechanisms are in the same, huge range  :)

> A similar method is to compare the response function (where N is
> also a function), which captures more information of the
> "aggression" of a congestion control mechanism.

Hm, that's closer to Bob's proposal. Finer grained but less practical
perhaps. Or maybe not.

More voices please: is this even relevant, important, worth
investigating?

Michael