[Iccrg] Incentives for ECN

Qazi, Ihsan Ayyub ihsan at cs.pitt.edu
Sat Jul 16 08:53:28 BST 2011

I agree with the points Lachlan made. I think it is useful to ask: "What is an acceptable response to ECN when competing with flows that respond to loss?" I think new protocols should at least not starve flows responding to loss. Beyond that, there needs to be more deliberation within the community about how aggressive a response is okay.

regards,
Ihsan

Ihsan Ayyub Qazi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures (CAIA)
Melbourne, Australia
http://caia.swin.edu.au/cv/iqazi/