[Iccrg] TCP test suite

David Hayes dahayes at swin.edu.au
Wed Oct 12 01:11:33 BST 2011

Hi Group,

This email is to announce that a preliminary version of the test suite is
now available at:

    http://caia.swin.edu.au/ngen/tcptestsuite/tools.html

Currently this is a tar ball of the test suite only. To use it you will need to
download the latest version of Tmix (this should be included in the final
release of ns 2.35, which hasn't been released yet). The README file gives more
information.

As part of our tests we are evaluating the test suite with New Reno, Cubic,
Compound, and Ledbat, and looking at the effect of having an initial window size
of 10. We plan to put together a paper describing the test suite implementation
along with any interesting findings we come across during our tests.

After we have finished our testing, we will release the test suite with the
results for NewReno and other tests, so that researchers only need to simulate
for their particular enhancement.

Which NewReno should be the standard test?

  In our current implementation the standard NewReno Sack test uses the ns2
  NewReno code. An alternative is to use the tcp_linux ns2 code. Our thoughts
  were that the standard test to which all others are compared shouldn't be
  Linux specific (or any other OS for that matter). What do you think?

Regards,

David

--
David Hayes