[Iccrg] Transport layer caching

Pasi Sarolahti pasi.sarolahti at iki.fi
Sun Mar 11 20:58:13 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Mar 10, 2012, at 11:41 AM, Nestor Michael C. Tiglao wrote:

> I am interested about the Caching with TCP talk.  I'm doing work on transport layer caching applied to WSNs.  The attached paper could be relevant

The Internet-draft related to this talk is available at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sarolahti-irtf-catcp-00

In brief, the idea is to label TCP segments with cachable data using a "Content Label" TCP option. These segments could then be cached and re-used across connections by segment caches in the network, to reduce the load at the original server.

Thanks for the paper, I will read it soon.

- Pasi