[Iccrg] Re: [tcpm] ECN feedback discussion

Michael Welzl michawe at ifi.uio.no
Thu Nov 8 12:59:09 GMT 2012

... but the nonce could still be used, somehow - it's just that you
risk more queue growth with every ECT(0) packet.

So you could mostly use ECT(1)'s, but occasionally, use both ECT(0)'s
and ECT(1)'s. In doing so, you risk some more queue growth - but this
tests the receiver and might be good enough in the long run, as the
notion is to stop believing the receiver once the receiver was found
to cheat.

Cheers,
Michael