[Iccrg] RE: [tcpm] ECN feedback discussion

Scharf, Michael (Michael) michael.scharf at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Nov 9 08:32:56 GMT 2012

> I have been thinking of writing a draft that updates RFC3540
> to incorporate this for many years now, but never seriously
> pursued it because I thought it would be best to wait until
> Bob Briscoe is done with all his bit thievery. But he will
> never stop, will he?  :-)

While I really enjoy the technical ideas in this discussion, I am somehow concerned about the tone here... I think the community must really understand that *burglary* is not at all an appropriate approach for getting the beloved bits in the TCP header. Instead, quite obviously, the right thing to do is bribery of the TCPM chairs ;)

Michael