[Iccrg] Meeting @ Atlanta IETF

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 01:49:06 BST 2012

Greetings Murari / all,

I think that the signalling itself may be suitable for TCPM, but there
is plenty of research scope for the many different uses it can be put
to.  If we stick to the original view of "ECN must be treated as loss"
then there isn't much to do, but looking at ways to combine ECN marks
from multiple packets to signal richer information is research, and so
is deciding what to do with that richer information.

$0.02
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew  Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures (CAIA)
Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia