[Nets-seminars] Reminder - Tomorrow's Seminar

Felipe Huici f.huici at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 14:38:09 BST 2005

The next nets seminar is tomorrow, Wednesday 26th in room 6.12 from 4-5 pm

*Speaker*: Meng How Lim (Cambridge Computer Lab)
*Title*: Landmark Guided Forwarding
*Abstract*: Wireless Ad Hoc network routing presents some extremely
challenging research problems, trying to optimize parameters such as energy
conservation vs connectivity and global optimization vs routing overhead
scalability. In this paper we focus on the problems of maintaining network
connectivity in the presence of node mobility whilst providing globally
efficient and robust routing. The common approach among existing wireless Ad
Hoc routing solutions is to establish a global optimal path between a source
and a destination. We argue that establishing a globally optimal path is
both unreliable and unsustainable as the network diameter, traffic volume,
number of nodes all increase in the presence of moderate node mobility. To
address this we propose Landmark Guided Forwarding (LGF), a protocol that
provides a hybrid solution of topological and geographical routing
algorithms. We demonstrate that LGF is adaptive to unstable connectivity and
scalable to large networks. Our results indicate therefore that Landmark
Guided Forwarding converges much faster, scales better and adapts well
within a dynamic wireless Ad Hoc environment in comparison to existing
solutions.

Nets seminar web page: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/research/nets/seminars.html

Thanks,

Felipe