[Nets-seminars] Talk 5th February, GS/302 4pm

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Mon Feb 1 10:00:09 GMT 2010

Don't forget this Friday's talk: "Steps towards self-aware networks"

Erol Gelenbe
Professor in the Dennis Gabor Chair, Imperial College London
http://www.ee.ic.ac.uk/gelenbe

  Abstract:  We present the design of a packet network where paths are
dynamically selected based on quality of service (QoS) metrics that can be
specified by the users of the network or by the network's access points.
The approach uses on-line measurement associated with the traffic itself,
and reinforcement learning throughout the nodes of the network, to try to
satisfy the users' QoS objectives. The talk will present numerous
measurement studies of this approach on a large laboratory test-bed. The
seminar is based on our recent paper in the Communications of the ACM (July
2009), which integrates different aspects of our research including network
design, performance evaluation models and methods, and probability models
of neuronal networks.

--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,