[nets] [Nets-seminars] Seminar on Friday

Raul Landa raul.landa at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Nov 13 13:05:14 GMT 2011

Hello all,

In the questions session after the talk, I mentioned a new mechanism
to create virtual networks in user space that uses the actual
protocol stacks and scales to up to at least  1000 hosts and 33
switches in a single laptop by using light virtualization.

This is the reference:

http://conferences.sigcomm.org/hotnets/2010/papers/a19-lantz.pdf

Of particular interest to the discussion at the time are  Tables 2, 3
and 1, along with Section 5, where the authors discuss the
limitations of their scheme.

Cheers
Raul