[Nets-seminars] Fwd: Seminar Monday 4 Feb by PL Luminary, Mooly Sagiv

Brad Karp B.Karp at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Jan 31 14:21:00 GMT 2013

I'd like to strongly encourage everyone in the Nets group (and anyone
else with an interest in solving hard computer systems research
problems) to attend this talk on Monday.

Mooly Sagiv is a leading light in the programming languages research
area. He will be giving a talk aimed at a general CS audience on Monday,
and the topic of his talk, how to synthesize correct data structures and
locking code for concurrent programs, is extremely timely given the
difficulty of programming today's multi-core machines.

Much of the best systems research involves drawing upon important
theoretical advances from areas like programming languages. Within the
Nets group, we tend to be too tunnel-visioned on the SIGCOMM, NSDI, and
SOSP proceedings (among others). This talk is an excellent chance to get
important exposure to new ideas in a highly relevant adjacent area. All
strongly encouraged to attend!

Thanks,
-Brad, bkarp at cs.ucl.ac.uk