[Nets-seminars] Talk this week at UCL EE 29/11/13

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Sun Nov 24 18:05:53 GMT 2013

Don't forget this Friday's seminar at UCL Electronic Engineering. This
week's speaker is Nicola Gvozdiev from UCL CS.  The talk is at 16:00 on
Friday 29th November 2013 and is in GS/102 (in 66-72 Gower street).

Title: Intra-Domain Policy Routing with Polly

Abstract:

Policy mechanisms in use today are mostly confined to the inter-AS
routing space. Even though people actively use basic mechanisms such as
link metrics, MPLS tunnels and, more recently, SDN techniques to alter
intra-AS routing behavior, there is no general way of expressing routing
policy that brings all these building blocks together. In this work we
examine the intra-AS routing problem from first principles. We propose
Polly, a general framework that can be used by a network operator to
express policy in a natural and easy-to-use way that is agnostic of the
underlying implementation.
Polly takes a different approach to previous efforts by casting the
problem of intra-domain policy routing as filtering the set of all
possible paths in the network down to the set of policy-compliant paths.
For policies for which optimal routes cannot be computed in polynomial
time Polly uses a suitable approximation scheme.

--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,