[Nets-seminars] UCL EE Seminar list for 2013 Autumn term

Richard G. Clegg richard at richardclegg.org
Fri Sep 20 17:17:50 BST 2013

We have a fine collection of speakers this term travelling from various
places in the UK as well as a couple local to London.  I hope you'll put
these dates in your diaries.

As usual all talks will be on 16:00 on Friday so there is an opportunity
to continue discussions in the pub afterwards.  The usual location will
by 66-72 Gower Street GS/102 -- but a couple of the talks are in
different locations -- I will email location details nearer the time.

4th October -- Marwan Fayed (Stirling) -- Towards Position-based Routing
for Mobile Environments
18th October -- Noa Zilberman (Cambridge) -- The Internet PoP-Level Map
1st November -- Angelos Marnerides (Lancaster) -- Insights of Malware
Analysis in Cloud Environments
15th November -- Arjuna Sathiaseelan (Cambridge) -- Lowest Common
Denominator Networking (LCDNet)
29th November -- Nikola Gvozdiev (UCL) --  Intra-Domain Policy Routing
with Polly
13th December -- Gareth Tyson (QMUL) -- Demystifying Porn 2.0: A look
into a Major Adult Video Streaming Website

Our first talk is by Marwan:
Title:  Towards Position-based Routing for Mobile Environments

Abstract: Despite its simplicity there exists, as yet, no position-based
routing that is suitable for dynamic networks. This, despite being
well-studied, simple (in principle), and requiring little-to-no
overhead. In this talk I shall present a 'first principles'
investigation of the forwarding component according to left- or
right-hand rule (LHR) in order to understand its limitations and
obstacles. We find there are only five (5) possible intersecting
configurations. Surprisingly only one (1) of these configurations
defeats LHR, and even then only under a strict set of circumstances that
rarely appear.

--
Richard G. Clegg,
Dept of Elec. Eng.,