[Sumover-dev] Question about external checkouts

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Apr 8 10:50:44 BST 2008

Hi Lassi,

> I was trying to compile mpeg4 branch and it seems that videolan.org
> has moved to git and configure can not find x264 code. So I was
> wondering how to check what out and where.

I think SVN r650 of x264 as used by the configure script is equivalent
to x264-snapshot-20070413-2245.tar.bz2 available from:

  ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/x264/snapshots/

I might be wrong, but I don't think the version of x264 is as fussy as that required for ffmpeg & swscaler.

Doing the following in the vic dir (i.e in the same dir as the vic configure script) seems to work for me:

  git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git

> Also configure script has commented out svn checkouts from
> mplayerhq.hu revisions 7110 for ffmpeg and revision 21687 for
> libswscale. Do these revisions still apply ?

I'm still using those SVN versions. I noticed that they were commented out too.

As I didn't want to be performing SVN checkouts when building from a SRPM, I bundle tarballs of ffmpeg, libswscale and x264 with the VIC SRPM I use for the Fedora AG RPMs.

Cheers,
Doug