[Sumover-dev] Re: Please give advise me!!!

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 1 15:14:51 GMT 2008

Hi,

Just to let you know I have cc'd you on your other dev maillist in
case anyone else has suggestions.

2008/12/1 thin naing <thinnaing at gmail.com>:
> Hi Sir...
> Thank you for your response...
> At rat tools, 4 types of FEC with offset value.(1,2.4,8)...
> I want to test these 4 types of value to change automatically according to
> loss rate which generate Gilbert model...
> I put threadshold loss rate and then compare that value n complete loss rate
> from gilbert model..Then i send these value
> to sender. Sender decide which type of FEC should be used according to loss
> rate.

That sounds interesting - we would welcome any source code once you
have completed successful testing. To modify RAT you need to under its
composition: For general information on developing RAT see:
https://frostie.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/wiki/RatDev.

You can control the FEC offset by setting the paraemeters on the
redundancy channel coder (cc_rdncy.c:410) - these are set via more
generic interface to the channel coders in channel.c:287:
channel_encoder_set_parameters(). Additionally this interface is
usually controlled over the mbus from the User interface via the mbus
call: (in mbus_engine.c) "audio.channel.coding",
rx_audio_channel_coding.

Piers.