[Sumover-dev] RAT and linux 64b

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Jul 30 02:12:36 BST 2008

Hi Brice,

I've built rat RPMs for x86-64 Fedora 7, 8 & 9 and x86-64 RHEL 5 from
SVN and they all work.

If you want to try building a current SVN snapshot RPM, download
rat-4.4.01-0.1.20080730svn.el5.src.rpm from:
  http://www.vislab.uq.edu.au/ag3/rhel/5/SRPMS/
then as root issue:

rpmbuild -D "dist .el4" --rebuild rat-4.4.01-0.1.20080730svn.el5.src.rpm

If you were already building from the SVN source code in the last 3
weeks, there was a glibc issue with malloc/free being outside a
fork/exec, which corrupted the command-line arguments passed to the
forked processes. Depending on the glibc version, sometimes it would
fail on x86-64, sometimes on i386. If you check-out now or use the above
SRPM, you should be okay.

Cheers,
Doug

"message