[Sumover-dev] Compile advice on windows xp

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Sep 18 19:05:06 BST 2008

Hi Lassi

As you may have noticed I have now committed the VS2008 project files
and also the updated Windows DS grabber. You may see some issues when
trying to compile common as I am currently updating it so a single
binary can built which will run on both WinXP and Vista, and I've also
been trying to fix a problem with default interface selection which
seems to be broken in Vista.

Also let me know if you get anywhere with the DS grabber and your
camera - It's a little messy right now as I've been trying various
things out to try to fix some reported problems.... You camera
problems may just be related to it not finding the video capture size
or it maybe something more subtle related to crossbars or
something....

Yes it would be nice to try the echo cancellation from the Speex
library but I've not had the chance - if you have time let me know how
you get on!

Cheers,

Piers