[Sumover-dev] RE: Using VIC

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Wed Aug 5 07:42:26 BST 2009

Hi Akhila,

You could try installing "Access Grid 3.2 beta 1" (which is the only
version that works with MacOS X 10. 5) :

  http://www.accessgrid.org/software/releases/3.2beta1

then run the AccessGrid VenueClient and enter the Argonne lobby (i.e.
the default URL in the VenueClient) there should hopefully be a number
of video streams from multiple sites. Unless you have multicast
networking working, you may need to use a unicast bridge (from memory
use the Tools menu in the VenueClient). You'll be able to get the IP
address and port number from the vic that gets started up  and use that
with your modified vic.

If you have two machine let's say called hostA and hostB, you could run
a vic on each machine and get them to talk to each other, e.g:

On hostA run :    vic hostB/16000

On hostB  run:     vic hostA/16000

Cheers,

Doug