[Sumover-dev] Re: Reg: Error when running vic

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 6 15:06:05 BST 2009

Hi Akhila,

For some reason some of your emails are appearing in my Exchange Junk
e-mail folder. I think it might have something to do with attachment you
included which had no file type suffix, adding a suffix like '.txt'
would probably solve the issue.

> I compiled vic on my mac using the instructions you gave me. I copied the vic file to another mac and when I try to execute, it give me the following error.
>
> $./vic 127.0.0.1/1234
>
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/libuclmmbase.1.dylib
>   Referenced from: /Volumes/Time Machine/vic_mpeg4/./vic
>   Reason: image not found
> Trace/BPT trap
>
> Why is it trying to access libuclmmbase.1.dylib?? How should I compile so that the .bin file is executable on all macs ?? Kindly let me know.

Because you copied libuclmmbase.1.dylib to /usr/local/lib/ (or you did a
'make install' in common) on the machine where you built vic. Remove
libuclmmbase.1.dylib and vic will fallback to linking against the static
libuclmmbase.a library.

Doug