[Sumover-dev] Reg: addrinfo error on vic

Akhila akhila844 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 22:00:36 BST 2009

Hi Douglas,

I am now able to transmit video to other clients but am not able to receive
video packets.

  vic: getaddrinfo: host003.osx.viu.edu: Bad hints

I am assuming the above error has something to do with it. Any information
would be helpful in regards to this.

Thanks

Akhila

Previous email:

I need to assign a port for vic to send and receive via UDP.  I need to use
the loopback address so that all the packets are transmitted via 127.0.0.1

I am getting the following error frequently and don't know why. I saw that
the config.log has also the same host address. How can I change it? How do I
make vic to take a server address??
  vic: getaddrinfo: host003.osx.viu.edu: Bad hints

I added a picture of my scenario. I have the server ready. All I need to do
is make vic send and receive via 127.0.0.1 and ports (lets say) 6200 and
6204

Please give me some directions to this.

Thanks

Regards,