[Sumover-dev] Frostie (trac/svn) upgrade: Down Friday 14 Aug

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Aug 12 17:03:35 BST 2009

Hi all,

Frostie - the Trac/Subversion server will be down this Friday (14
August) - from about 10am GMT and back up by the end of the day or
probably earlier (provided it all works!)

I am migrating the old frostie (trac0.9, svn1.2) to a new machine
running the latest versions of trac (0.11.5), svn (1.6), apache(2.2)
on a new Centos5.3 Xen5.5 Virtual machine which gives us more speed,
space, flexibility, and features.

Afterwards you should just be able to continue using Subversion and
Trac as before - the hostname/certificates won't change. Subversion
appears to work ok when trying update or commit content from existing
local svn copies. Trac is basically the same with some minor changes
and number of new features (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/ChangeLog).
Let me know if there's any additional feature you want added (see
trac-hacks.org) - there's one of my very own in there which is
installed already - the ManPageRender - which displays unix man
(nroff) pages nicely when browsing a repository (e.g.
http://frostie.cs.ucl.ac.uk/nets/mmedia/browser/rat/trunk/man/man1/rat.1)

Let me know if this a problem - I'm assuming most people are away or
not too busy right now so shout if its going to be problem.

Piers.