[Sumover-dev] Re: Vic H264 compilation issues

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 10:54:04 GMT 2009

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your feedback. The issues you were seeing were largely down to
changes in ffmpeg - it is a fast changing library. However there was also an
error in vic' s configure script which I have now corrected - VIC's
configure script calls ffmpeg's configure script which sets things up so
that the ffmpeg libraries are installed into the local directory - thus not
needed root access. I've updated the repository to reflect the updates.

If you want use tcl8.5 then you can configure VIC to use it by calling
configure in the following way:
./configure --with-tk=/usr/share/tcltk/tk8.5/tkConfig.sh
--with-tcl=/usr/share/tcltk/tcl8.5/tclConfig.sh

I'm not aware of VIC's dependence on openssl - where do you see that?

Thanks,

Piers.