[Sumover-dev] [svn commit] r4588 - vic/branches/mpeg4

Soo-Hyun Choi S.Choi at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 4 15:37:05 GMT 2010

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

> Different issue, the X11 grabber was missing because video/grabber-x11.o file wasn't getting built and linked in, due to a bug involving a case statement in the configure script.
>
> In the case of video/grabber-file.o it's hard-coded in Makefile.in and was never in the configure.in file, and is definitely getting linked in.

Ah, right. It is a different issue.

> In grabber-file.cpp you might like to change:
>
>   attributes_ = "format { 420 } size { small large cif }";

>   attributes_ = "format { 420 cif } size { small large cif }";
>

> and
>    if (strcmp(fmt, "cif") == 0)
>    if ((strcmp(fmt, "cif") == 0) ||  (strcmp(fmt, "420") == 0))
>

> As the format attribute was corrected for codecs that weren't restricted to VIC's CIF format (i.e. YUV420 colour space plus QCIF, CIF or 4CIF resolution).

Yup. I have added 420 format in the file grabber.

> I could also likely be to do with one of my recent TTk native widget modifications in the tcl folder. In the tcl folder try reverting to an earlier revision, e.g:
>
>  cd tcl
>  svn update -r 4558
>
> and see if that fixes your issue? I would try it myself, but I'm about to go to bed as it's past midnight.

I found out that the debug message that I sent you earlier was from a debug_msg() statement in the grabber-file.cpp, which I have commented out now -- i.e., it wasn't something about complaining message :)

The file grabber now works fine with -XfileGrabber option on startup.

Thanks for your time.
Soo-Hyun