[Sumover-tech] re: Release of media tools from SUMOVER project

Dean W. Nobles nobles at tacc.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 13 15:02:40 BST 2006

Hello -

Thanks for the pointer to the updated media tools.

RAT seems fine; I didn't test enough to know if it's more stable than
past releases, but the user interface seems consistent and everything
works well.

A comment on VIC:

0	When I select 'config on transmit' and release/transmit, I don't
get to go through the configuration dialog that I'm accustomed to using.
VIC just continues.

0	The video windows that I get when I select one of the thumbnails
has a configuration panel.  I couldn't figure out how to not see that
panel.  That'll eat up quite a bit of screen space for multiple video
streams.

0	I'm accustomed to re-sizing the video windows by type s/m/l/x
but those do not seem to work for this version.

Are these user interface items I've listed above for VIC something that
the AG developers have added to the UCL media tools after you release
them?

--dean