[Sumover-tech] RE: rat with OSS on FreeBSD

Petr Holub hopet at ics.muni.cz
Thu Jul 6 10:07:12 BST 2006

> to 4Front). With the version of OSS I have and with the LynxONE
> card, the devices are in reveresed order compared to what rat
> expects. However, with newer version of OSS and different card,
> I've found that the devices are ordered differently (all the playout
> devices first and then all recording devices IIRC). Thus assuming
> any fixed order is probably wrong and some better way is needed.

One more sidenote I forgot to add in my previous mail - perhaps the
most appropriate way to implement this in RAT is to have separate
playout and recording devices selectable through the user interface
(and possibly also from command line and config file).

Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 4                             Institute of Compt. Science
162 00 Praha 6, CZ                            Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub at cesnet.cz               phone: +420-549493944
                                             fax: +420-541212747
                                       e-mail: hopet at ics.muni.cz