[Sumover-tech] Release of media tools from SUMOVER project

Rhys Hawkins rhys.hawkins at anu.edu.au
Fri Sep 15 00:08:48 BST 2006

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:59:22 +0200
Peter Parnes <Peter.Parnes at ltu.se> wrote:

> Ahh. Thanks for the info.
>
> Does anybody know if this improved H261as will work with Polycom
> devices? I know the VRVS people had created a proprietary fix for the
> Polycom issue but it would be nice to have that in Vic-UCL as well.

h261as will not work with Polycom (I haven't tested this but it will
be a miracle if if does). It is a modified version targeted toward
screen scraping, the "as" stands for abitrary size (arbitrary meaning
in this case that width and height must be a multiple of 16 and less
than 64k). It uses the same syntax at the GOB level as h261 but uses
a different GOB header to allow more bits for the GOBN.

To force VIC to send a full h261 frame, you could (as a quick test)
modify encoder-h261.cpp and replace:

                        if ((s & CR_SEND) != 0) {
                                u_int mbpred = mba_;
                                encode_mb(mba, frm, loff, coff, CR_STATE(s));

with:

                        if (1) {
                                u_int mbpred = mba_;
                                encode_mb(mba, frm, loff, coff, CR_BG);

I don't have polycom so I can't test this, but the above change
will disable the conditional replenishment and therefore send a full
h261 frame.

Cheers,
    Rhys