[Sumover-tech] question about NV , VIC, Rat and licences

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Tue Jul 17 11:37:01 BST 2007

Hi Marc,

> > (cd common; ./configure --enable-ipv6; make)
> > (cd vic; ./configure --enable-ipv6; make)
>
> i could run the commands with success ,just had one error when i test
> the set up :
>
> *** run "tests/test-libcommon" to run the test suite
>
> mini:~/common mini$ tests/test-libcommon
> Testing common multimedia library v1.2.18
>
> UDP/IP networking (IPv6 loopback)...... setsockopt IP_TTL: Invalid
> argument
> fail: cannot initialize socket

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with IPv6 to know what the issue might
be.

> and how can i start vic/rat ?

After rat is built, in the rat folder issue:
  ./rat --help
to see the rat command-line usage.

A simple example to start rat would be:
  ./rat 234.5.6.7/16000
which uses multicast address 234.5.6.7 and port 16000.

Similarly for vic, but make sure you use a different address and/or
port.

Cheers,
Doug