[Sumover-tech] Invalid Address error when using most command line options

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Sep 13 14:39:00 BST 2007

Hi Melbourne,

> > > I get an invalid address error when I use most of the RAT command line
> > > options (e.g., -F, -T,...), either on Windows or on Linux.
> > >
> > > Is there a problem?
> > >

> > I only get that message if I put in an invalid address, e.g:
> >
> > $ rat 456.7.8.9/16000
> > Can't resolve IP address for 456.7.8.9: Success
> > Invalid address: 456.7.8.9/16000
> >
> > Is the IP address and port you using definitely valid?
> >
> Yes. The -t option works.
> But, others do not seem to work, e.g., -F or -T

With the SVN version of rat, it's happy with the -T option and a
transcoder port 1 & 2 appears as audio device within rat. But rat
doesn't like -F, e.g:

  Can't resolve IP address for -F: Success

I can't see -F mentioned anywhere in the source code, only the
following:
  -agc
  -allow_loopback
  -allowloopback