[Sumover-tech] How to run a multicast node

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Wed Apr 9 21:01:52 BST 2008

hello doug , piers , lassie, all ;)

since i  could successfully join accessgrid via ipv4
and audio and video seems working on osx ppc,

i am currious how i could set up multicast...

ok, here is what i have,

i have a wrt54 with "aiccu" running /sixxs authentification tool,
thats where i got my ipv6 connectivity
"radvd " advertises the prefixes in my network an i have ipv6 on all
of my 3 machines. hurray

BUT

 From what i read -  i need a IGMP/MLD  kinda proxy /routing software
on the host that terminates
my tunnelendoinf , so my router , to make it possible that one of my
machines
with accessgrid installed could join the multicast session is this
correct ?

is that a recomendet tool ?

https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/packages/ipv6/mrd6/Makefile

how could the "multicast beacon " whats installed in the node could get
his multicast information from ?

i´ve set up a "dbeacon" on my machine <http://stattfernsehen.com/matrix>
its emty since i have no multicast routed yet ,

but whats the difference between mine and  the accessgrid beacon

<http://beacon.dast.nlanr.net/>    ?

any insights would be greatly appreciated

regards

Marc

--
Les enfants teribbles - research and deployment
Marc Manthey -  Hildeboldplatz 1a
jabber :marc at kgraff.net
blog : http://www.let.de
ipv6 http://stattfernsehen.com/