[Sumover-tech] Access Grid and ipv6

Piers O'Hanlon p.ohanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 00:25:36 GMT 2008

Hi Marc,

Yes the tools are IPv6 capable though not currently compiled with ipv6
support in the AG distributions - though we plan to make that the
default soon.

At UCL we developed an IPv6 proxy for AG (which allowed for IPv6 users
to connect to IPv4 venue servers) under an old European project called
6net:
http://www-mice.cs.ucl.ac.uk/6net/

That work applied to AG2.3 which still included the Globus security
code which couldn't easily be converted to ipv6 - however the current
AG3 should work natively on IPv6 with little modification.

Piers.