[Sumover-tech] RE: [Sumover-dev] Reg: VIC on Snow Leopard

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Sep 3 23:16:16 BST 2009

Hi Akhila,

> Thank you for helping me out in this.  I configured using the command below.
>
> ./configure
> --with-tcl=/System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.5/
> --with-tk=/System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.5/
> --enable-gpl  --with-x264ver=x264-snapshot-20090410-2245

Before the syntax errors, was it complaining about not being able to find QuickTime/QuickTime.h ? As all the undeclared syntax errors are related to the Quicktime Framework.

I'm guessing it's because the Quicktime Framework hasn't been or won't be ported to 64bit. Note, 64 bit Quicktime X uses a new API from the iPhone which isn't based on the old Quicktime Framework. Perhaps building vic as a 32bit application might fix the issue.

Cheers,
Doug