[Sumover-tech] RAT - artifacts in sound output

Linus Lüssing linus.luessing at web.de
Mon Aug 30 17:26:37 BST 2010

Hi there,

What do you guys think? Does it still sound like the
soundcard is just not going to work? Or is it just a "simple" bug
or mistweaked parameter?

Is there anything else you think might be worth testing?

I think I had quite similar noises when I was having a look at
Jack/Jack-Rack/Audacity a year ago. I had to increase some buffers
and values to get rid of this noise, increasing the latency as a
trade-off instead.

I found some old config options in qjackctl, which worked back
then (but can't verify them now):
Realtime: y (all others, no)
Frames/Period: 512
SampleRate: 48000
Periods/Buffer: 4
Port Maximum: 256
Timeout (msec): 1000
Start Delay (secs): 5
Audio: Duplex

Could someone point me to the right variables in the code so I
could try similar tweaking in rat, too?

Cheers, Linus