[Sumover-tech] RAT corrupt sound

Ушаков Андрей sorcchan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 10:26:24 GMT 2010

Yes, when I use audio device what looks like ALSA 1: ... sound is great. But
in this case audio device will used directly (hw:X in ALSA terms) so another
applications cant play or record anything. My goal was is try to make RAT
works correctly with default ALSA device what have software buffers etc.

So if it is known issue what using default device cause sound corruption and
not solved yet I will continue learning how RAT and ALSA works. Looks like
that all I can do now.

Some more about how I got almost good sound via default ALSA device.

In source.c in function source_create I change second parameter passed to
function pktbuf_create from 8 to 24 to increase max_packets in packet
buffer. It increase a delay between sender and recevier a little.
Then I create in my home directory .asoundrc file and put alsa settings what
described in my first message: http://pastebin.mozilla-russia.org/107562
dsnoop.conf and dmix.conf placed in my Fedora 11, 12 and 13 in
/usr/share/alsa/pcm directory. As root I put settings described in my first
message directly to this files. There is it:
http://pastebin.mozilla-russia.org/107560 dsnoop and
http://pastebin.mozilla-russia.org/107561 dmix.