[Iccrg] Proposal for ICCRG operations

Tim Shepard shep at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 4 18:12:16 GMT 2006

>     B. What's wrong with TCP's congestion control scheme. Does someone have
> a concise summary that they can post here? I am sure this will be a
> cut-and-paste job for someone who has written a paper on congestion control
> recently :-)

The problem with TCP's congestion control scheme is that it builds a
standing queue at the point of congestion, which increases the delay.

A better congestion control scheme would control the queue length,
with a target of zero (or very few) packets, thereby minimizing the
impact on delay.

			-Tim Shepard
			 shep at alum.mit.edu