[Iccrg] Proposal for ICCRG operations

S. Keshav keshav at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Feb 4 17:06:08 GMT 2006

A couple of comments:

1. I am glad that the plan of action seems to make sense. I am aware that
the schedule is aggressive. However, we do have 20 years of work to build
on, so getting to consensus in 2 years does not seem overly aggressive to
me!

2. Several of us have already started discussions on congestion control
indices, and modifications to these indices, and so on. I think this is
jumping the gun. I think it would be better to focus first on two issues:

    A. What is the commonly agreed definition for congestion. (I will post
my suggestion later today). If we do not agree on a definition, then indices
are meaningless.

    B. What's wrong with TCP's congestion control scheme. Does someone have
a concise summary that they can post here? I am sure this will be a
cut-and-paste job for someone who has written a paper on congestion control
recently :-)

Lets see if we can reach consensus on these two issues in a week's time.
These will also form parts 1 and 2 of the consensus document. I ask for your
co-operation in keeping the discussion to these two issues.

thanks

kesahv