[Iccrg] Meeting agenda (really! :-) )

Michael Welzl michael.welzl at uibk.ac.at
Thu Oct 12 13:20:30 BST 2006

> >So, does everyone agree that future congestion control protocols must
> >be implicit, TCP friendly, and primarily
> >delay-based with fail-over to a standard loss-based algorithm?
>
> Actually I disagree with all of these conclusions.

and so will many others, I suppose.

My point was that writing a survey document is useless because
that has been done before. We could take an existing
one and try to draw conclusions from it (just like we're
doing now, by criticizing conclusions of others). For this,
we could also use a document which doesn't arrive at any
conclusions at all but just presents a overview:
http://www.welzl.at/research/publications/GFD.55.pdf

... but repeating this effort seems to be a waste of time to
me, no matter if we agree with the conclusions made in one
of these documents or not.

Cheers,
Michael